What Makes Us Different
EXPANSIA partners with government agencies and commercial entities to transform, scale, and implement needed frameworks, strategies, and innovations that enhance and secure technology.
EXPANSIA leverages the passion and agility of a small business to respond quickly to evolving customer needs, shifting programmatic requirements, and changing investment pressures from all stakeholders. We empower our clients and partners with the know-how to explore creative and innovative business models, apply time-tested methodologies, infuse enabling technologies, find and leverage resources, and execute critical programs more effectively.
- Program & Technology Strategies
- IT & Cloud Technology Solutions
- Additive Manufacturing
- Lean, Agile & DevOps
- Focused Technology Transformation
- Coaching & Consulting
Program & Technology Strategies
EXPANSIA designs and implements integrated business and technology strategies to transform corporate enterprises and government programs into agile entities focused on the rapid and continuous delivery of value. Although we maintain expertise and certifications in most of the common agile-based frameworks, we do not subscribe to any particular agile method. Therefore, we work with the enterprise or program office to design and implement lean and agile principles at scale in a methodology and governance framework that addresses the client’s unique technology solution.
We can design a program, provide requisite training and coaching from certified instructors, help lead efforts when necessary, augment staff capabilities, provide technical assistance, coordinate communications, configure process tools–whatever is necessary to help drive culture change to an agile way of doing business. Ultimately, the enterprise acquires an optimal, agile skill set at a sustainable cadence, at which time the need for EXPANSIA’s involvement may be greatly reduced.
- Agile Program Strategy Development
- Lean-Agile Methodology and Governance
- Agile Processes and Management Strategies
- Contracting Strategies Support
- Organizational Implementation Strategy and Execution
- Technology Transition Strategy
- Cleared Personnel Resources in Management and Engineering
IT & Cloud Technology Solutions
EXPANSIA augments our clients’ technical staff with a wide range of IT expertise to help deliver technical solutions quickly and often. We maintain expertise in all major aspects of software engineering, such as software design, system architecture, cybersecurity, code development, solution integration & test, and systems engineering.
We use that expertise to help our customers’ existing engineering teams with subject matter expertise to deliver value faster with quality and security built in from the start–whether the solution is local (“on-prem”), in the cloud, cloud migration, or a hybrid. However, what sets EXPANSIA apart is our focus on providing IT engineering services in combination with agile expertise and security: all EXPANSIA employees are trained and experienced in lean/agile practices. In addition, EXPANSIA can supply cleared engineers at all levels to meet our client’s security and classification needs.
- System Engineering and Architecture
- Cloud Architecture
- Cloud Migration Services, including AWS (Commercial, GovCloud, SC2S and C2S) and Azure
- IaaS, PaaS, SaaS Platform Implementations
- On-prem, Cloud, and Hybrid Cloud Strategies
EXPANSIA’s Additive Manufacturing (AM) programs are pioneering the establishment of agile supply chains in the USAF. From the most antiquated component manufacturing and logistics structures, we are leveraging our domain expertise to identify, analyze, and prototype components suitable for Additive Manufacturing. Our methodology is trail-blazing the adoption of AM for weapons and armament systems, combining an innovative and rigorous process of data mining, 3D model-based technical data creation, engineering analysis, and digital sustainment.
In modernizing supply chains for Additive Manufacturing, EXPANSIA leads clients through the full digitalization of previously mechanical processes. From developing digital twins with model-based engineering to integrating artificial intelligence and machine learning, our methods include rigorous testing and qualification standards from the outset. Components entering the supply chain as production parts do so with the necessary standards and certifications to ensure their suitability in even the most challenging physical applications.
- Lead full lifecycle AM development (concept, design, prototyping, qualification, production)
- Construct digital lifecycle management systems improving supply chain resilience & optimizing component / part availability
- Assess component / part suitability for Additive Manufacturing
- Develop model-based technical data and digital designs for AM-suitable components
- Implement digital twins and model-based designs to rapidly improve prototyping and fielding
- Design qualification systems for AM-manufactured component certification
Lean, Agile & DevOps
EXPANSIA creates information technology pipelines that accelerate the pace of delivery from development to deployment and fielding. Additionally, we help our clients establish continuous integration and delivery pipelines. EXPANSIA optimizes our design based on automation using modern toolsets and a DevOps mindset, and architects a software factory appropriate for the client’s data center. Whether an on-premise private cloud, a commercial cloud, or a hybrid, and whether in a commercial system or a classified enclave, we can design your solution.
We can instantiate a continuous integration pipeline that automatically, routinely, and frequently integrates development code from all development teams in a secure manner. In short, our approach attacks the bottlenecks that impede the flow of valuable software, while simultaneously building security into the pipeline.
- Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) Pipeline Architecture
- Integrated Tooling Instantiation/Set-up for CI/CD Environments
- CI/CD Metrics and Monitoring
- Configuration-As-Code, Infrastructure-As-Code, Everything-As-Code Implementations
- Automated Integration, Testing, and Cybersecurity
- DevOps/DevSecOps Coordination, Communication, and Coaching
Focused Technology Transformation
EXPANSIA has created specialized products and services to address current technology challenges outside of today’s mainstream IT channels. These services target technology areas that benefit from a modernized, automated transformation based on lean and agile principles. In addition, our software and consulting products complement our service offering to speed adoption of streamlined processes. In all cases, our approach allows your organization to integrate, qualify, field, and deploy your technology faster.
- C4ISR Support
- Automation Software for Platform-agnostic CI/CP Pipeline Instantiation
- Additive Manufacturing Strategies using Machine Learning
- Automated 2-D Drawing to 3-D Model Comparison Services
Coaching & Consulting
EXPANSIA’s approach to helping organizations successfully navigate the dynamics and change initiatives inherent in transforming the way they develop and deliver value leverages our expertise in coaching teams and leaders. We understand that every organization, every product, and every culture are unique; as such, every solution to the challenges an organization faces must also be somewhat unique. Much can be leveraged from pre-existing patterns in industry; however, the wholesale application of prescriptive solutions is guaranteed only to achieve sub-optimal outcomes.
Our unique approach to organizational change is to defer decision-making on “how” and instead begin by focusing on “what” and “why.” Through our consultative approach, we coach leaders and teams through problem-analysis, reframing, and future-state idealization. Together, we derive solutions which are appropriate for your unique technical, cultural, and environmental reality. We coach you through the continued adaptation of the tools, practices, processes, skills, and behaviors necessary for your organization to achieve optimal performance.
- Designing the Vision, Developing Strategies
- Problem Analysis and Reframing
- Organizational Change
- Team and Leadership Coaching
- Performance Coaching
- Scrum, xP, Scrum-at-Scale, Large-Scale Scrum, Scaled Agile Framework, DevSecOps, Lean/Kanban